"CERBERUS" - Thrifty Mei Tai/Meh Dai
Pouchlings "Thrifty" range Meh Dais are made from a soft and durable cotton twill. They are easy to use, comfortable, attractive and affordable.
- Lightly padded headrest(younger babies)/upper back rest (older babies) which is easily flipped down so baby can look around. Gives good upper back support when baby is big enough to ride "arms-out". Alternatively choose an adjustable sleep hood
- 2.1m long/4" wide shoulder straps which are generously padded for the first 15" so they are squishy but not bulky.
- Unpadded, "apron-style" waistband with integral width cincher so that the body panel can rolled up and be cinched smaller making the Infant size suitable for newborn babies. Toddler and pre-school sizes can also be reduced in width by approximately 4"
- Patterned carriers have a stripe of decorative fabric up the center of the body panel and the underside of the sleep hood.
Available in 3 sizes:
- Infant: 15" wide, cinches down to 11". Suitable from newborn to approx 18 months
- Toddler: 18" wide, cinches down to 14" . Suitable from 12m to approximately 30 months
- Pre-school: 21" wide, cinches down to 17". Suitable from 24m to approximately 48+ months
- Adjustable sleep hood for extra head support and protection from the elements (if a hood is chosen, there will be no headrest); Hoods on patterned carriers will have matching decorative trim om the hood.
- Leg padding to soften the edge of the carrier for baby's comfort.
-Simply make your choices from the tick-boxes below.The price above will change as you add different options so you can easily stay within your own budget.
What size do I need?
If in doubt, I recommend placing your baby in a good "supported squat" position either in your arms or in your current carrier. Then, using a soft tape measure, take the measurement from one knee-pit, under baby's seat to the other knee-pit. This will give you the most suitable width.
Width 15" Suitable from 3m - approx 18 months old
Width 17" Suitable from approx 9m - 24m
Suitable from approx 15m - 3.5 years
Suitable from approx 3 yrs - 4.5 yrs